World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2022 .World Health Organization (WHO) Notification full details below. Interested and eligible candidates can Send Resume.WHO leads global efforts to expand universal health coverage. We direct and coordinate the world’s response to health emergencies. And we promote healthier lives – from pregnancy care through old age.Our Triple Billion targets outline an ambitious plan for the world to achieve good health for all using science-based policies and programmes.
- Post Name: Scientist (Vaccine Regulation, Safety & Management)
- Organization: SE/IVD Immunization and Vaccine Development
- Qualification: Advanced university degree n Biotechnology / pharmacology / public-health / medicine / pharmacy or related discipline
- Experienced: At least ten years of relevant experience including five years of international experience in vaccine manufacturing or vaccine regulation or vaccine quality assurance.
Job Description: Greeting from World Health Organization (WHO) !!!!!
Important Details :
- Location: India-New Delhi
- Job Posting: Oct 14, 2022, 5:19:58 PM
- Closing Date: Nov 4, 2022, 4:29:00 AM
- Selection Process: The selection will be on the basis of Interview.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of Director, CDS and direct supervision of Coordinator (COVAX, IVD), the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Collaborate with HQ for the development and use of guidelines on vaccine regulation, quality control/quality assurance of vaccines, Good Manufacturing Practices and laboratory quality control of vaccines e.g. Licensing and Marketing Authorization (MA), Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), Good Regulatory Practices(GRPs), Quality Management Systems and Quality Risks Management;
- Collaborate with WHO Country offices and national counterparts in countries to plan assessment, identify gaps, prepare multi-year Institutional Development Plan (IDP)for the national regulatory authorities (NRAs), and to provide technical support and capacity building activities relevant to country needs and priorities outlined in the IDP; coordinate with other agencies in monitoring access to assured quality vaccines through development of indicators and tools, collection of reliable information and analysis;
- Develop innovative plans and programme approaches to guide Member countries to ensure that immunization programmes provide sufficient quantity of vaccines of assured quality from the time of production to end use, including technical support for vaccine procurement, safe injection practices, use of Auto Disable (AD)syringes, sharps waste management, and development of national vaccination policies;
- Establish and maintain collaboration with outside partners and stakeholders including UN Organizations, Gavi, and other multi-and bi-lateral organizations, civil society and professional associations that are involved in improving access to assured quality vaccines in countries in South-East Asia Region;
- Promote dissemination and use of guidelines and tools to implement capacity building programme for NRAs to regulate safety, quality and efficacy of vaccines;
- Support Vaccine Supply and Quality, including overall guidance on technical policy and programmes ensuring vaccine quality, and surveillance for Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI);
- Develop materials for Regional and country advocacy and participate in global, regional and country events related to access of vaccines of assured quality;
- Develop in collaboration with other SEARO Departments/Technical Units, proposal to submit to donors to support NRA strengthening programme and transfer of technology for Research and Development;
- Contribute in the financial planning of and, fundraising for the project’s activities and provide strategic and technical inputs into the regional strategy and activities plans and to manage workplan for NRA strengthening activities in South East Asia.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisors
- Submit an assignment report after completion of the assignment (mandatory)
Desirable: Experience in vaccine pharmacovigilance. Experience of working in policy development and in managing cross-country and multi-sectoral public health interventions, preferably in developing countries.
- Extensive knowledge of policies, procedures and practices in vaccine regulation production, quality control, and pharmacovigilance is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in analysis, proposal development and project management.
- Ability to plan and execute training at national and international levels.
- Demonstrated managerial skill and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to establish network of national and international is necessary.
- Ability to write concise reports, use computers and other modern office technologies effectively and appropriately.
- Communication skills needed to negotiate with national authorities and other agencies.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent spoken and written English
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of other WHO official languages is an asset.